Sunday, April 17, 2011

my friend, the soldier i salute.


hey jonathan,

thanks for inviting me to your social night. i got to admit, i was pleasantly surprised that you had asked me but nonetheless, i am delighted that you did.

i hadn't known what to expect, i was nervous that it'd be weird and awkward, that i wouldn't be dressed right nor would i be behaving and acting right. i obviously wanted to be at my best for you as this really was a well deserved occasion for your celebration and it should be perfect.

well, turns out, i was worrying too much and there really wasn't a need to be that nervous because your fellow officer cadets were such gentlemen and easy to mingle with. Now of course, most importantly, you were a charming partner the whole night through. you kept me company all the time and ensured i wasn't bored at all. as excited as i was to see you in your number 2 uniform that evening, you'd be happy to hear that i was as excited to hear all about your army life. you painted a whole new clearer picture for me to realize what you have been going through in camp and as such, i've really come to understand, appreciate and respect you so much more for everything that you have gone through and will still be going through, just for the country.

hey jon,

i may not have known you for long at all, may not have been your closest or bestest friend but thinking back, i guess i've seen you grown alot, from your boyish poly days to where you are at now. it's a whole lot of a difference really. they say that you guys become real men after you enter army, i agree with that. i saw a really smart looking soldier that evening, he was looking stunningly handsome in his uniform and immediately thoughts ran through my mind telling me how this solider has to have many good and positive qualities in him. my thoughts were right exactly. i thought back to how i've known you then and now and i saw the man in you now.

now, not that you were a rascal back then but you know what i mean. actually, you have always been a really nice and good guy in my eyes, always thoughtful about what others might feel and never failing to respect people. but right now, after what i have seen for myself, you are like way up a whole new level. very impressive indeed.

all those facebook statuses that you had posted pieced together and made sense after what you shared with me last night. i can see why you guys can hate army life so much but yet feel so proud of yourself after it all.

i truly am amazed by you, jon. i've never known you to be so determined and outstanding in what you set your mind to but now i know. right now, the BP gang all knows because you blew me away so much that whole evening that i had no choice but to sprout praises non stop of you to them. haha.

hey you,

if you read this, please don't be shocked at how i dedicated this blog post just for you. it's very like me to be expressive this way so my dear friend, be very delighted that this is for you. lol.



dear jonathan,

you gave me a chance to see what you have gone through and even gave me a perfect evening for me to remember. thank you and always know that i am so proud of you :)

No comments: