Tuesday, September 02, 2008

still water championships 2008.

sunday 31 august 2008.

music of the day was by atomic kitten on my ipod; especially the single 'it's ok'.
'i remember how you used to say, have no fear, be ok
when you told me anything you want is possible, we could have it all

i believed in you
i must have been a fool
all my dreams were with you

i say it's ok
i can promise you it's alright
you ain't keeping me up all night no more
you're not here but it's ok
i assure you babe it's alright
you ain't keeping me up all night no more
you're not here but it's ok'

i admit, i should have properly warmed up before my event (100m manikin carry with fins) but i failed to. the 50m swim with fins was good but the 50m finnng back was horrible and it caused me a lot. what was utterly disapointing yesterday was my line throw event. first heat and first to throw but shit happens at the best moments like peilee said and indeed shit did happened and there went our medal, flying to the hands of another with a timing slower than ours. oh well! i can't put it down in words how horrible chris and i felt but i guess you go figure. what's really killing me is that the vivid image lingers in my mind still. it doesn't seem to want to go away. sigh!

anyways, on the whole, i guess it was a fair job by the team. i won't judge on each and everyone's performance for they should know better if they gave their all or not. as for me, i know i tried my best and have been brought down by mistakes that shall not be repeated for i crave a medal so badly.

open water championships, bring it on.

No comments: