Saturday, January 23, 2010

music: corrinne may: scars

'what doesn't kill us makes us stronger'
failed results and the feeling of anxiety to need to score well. nontheless, the mind and body doesn't want to function hand in hand. the soul doesn't seem willing and i am helpless, at least somehow i am at a loss.

counting down, i have about five days left to my exams and it's killing me that i can't seem to focus well. it's killing me that i am so affected by what's already been done. i don't want to be affected. i want to focus and be able to ace through my upcoming papers but how, how can i possibly control my emotions? i needa needa do it, i don't have a choice because this is how life is. i have done this before. i can do this all over again. i must, i have to.

'take a look at the ordinary, don't need to look for paradise'
i should be contented with the way i am, what i have and where i am now. i am happy, but there are times where i can't help but feel too down. i can't figure out what is missing, what is wrong. how then can it be there i can feel so horrible about myself? when i have not a clue what is wrong at all.

and then i stop to breathe. i look around and mother nature calms me down. i start to think in a chain reaction sort of pattern. i think of the lovely friends i have and i start to think of my own strengths an capablilties. i disown the flaws in me and hush away the pain within me.

and you know what's the greatest thing that can make me smile and feel like the luckiest person on earth? it's when i have sun-shining days and i am able to share a sweet nothing moment with a loved one.




xoxo

No comments: