Saturday, June 30, 2012

i'll love you for the rest of my life.


i take moments to stop and reflect. i take moments to be quiet and think to myself about my life and the people in it. these moments i have take me back a long way, to days when i was a child, usually the happy moments. i've been blessed with a great family. an elder brother for me to squabble and be crazy with and parents who have never demanded anything out of me. they are supportive in subtle ways and i know they do their best to give me everything they can. though not always being expressive and having a whole lot of communication, but in their little ways and gestures, i know they love me and are proud of me. i liked when mom tells me how dada had wanted a daughter and they tried hard to have me. somehow it makes me feel special. i love when he picked his guitar up and sang back in the days. i would sit and listen, looking at him and now i realize how soulful it all was, like it was his own words to me. i liked when he picked my clothes out on saturday mornings before we headed out. i missed being daddy's little girl. there really is nothing at all that i would want to change about how i was brought up. listening to classics and dancing along standing on the feet on my dad, all these heartfelt memories i treasure for the rest of my life.

No comments: