Sunday, October 02, 2005

j u s t i n . z

looking at my brother work his arse off on his ibook, it makes me think of my life with him for the past sixteen years. My brother, unlike me, is a pure all rounder. Smart and sporty, he came from an unknown primary school, ChongSan Primary to Catholic High School to HwaChong Junior College and finally NTU. Sigh. My brother's from the Navy and his a really good athele. He plays soccer every week and goes jogging constantly. I used to hate having him as my brother. I thought it was so taxing on me. I mean think of it. Your sibling is what every parent wants and me? I turned out wrong. I used to cry over this. It felt so unfair to me. Why was it that my brother has the brains and I'm so not academically inclined? Nights of pondering and years of crying has finally made me accepted the fact that everyone is different. Though my mom has always been telling me this, I refuse to listen. But now, I do. I've learnt not to compare myself with my brother. I'm proud of him now. The thought of him as my brother, my closest sibling makes me smile. Justin, a first year NTU student taking mass communication. =)) I love my brother. No matter how we fight and yell at each other, there will always be this bond between us. I really think my brother is unique. His the kind of guy who loves to protect the environment and constantly watches the discovery channel. He reads magazines like times that my journalist father reads. My brother is very into politics. I think it's cool, having a brother lke him. I really admire him. He's the guy who looks like any other guy from the outside, but I know that many things are going on in his mind. He's a really positive man. My brother has influenced me in many ways. He thought me to play english chess and he was the one who gave me a book by Richard Carlson entitled "Don't sweat the small stuffs". He was also the guy who went to taiwan and bought me a pair of sneakers which was a size bigger. You see, all these things put a goofy smile on my face. Don't be deceived by my brother's intellectual mind and tann looks. He's really a kid at heart. Although he's smart and all, he still goes crazy like me at times. We are still our parents little treasure at home. In one way or another, we resemble each other. I'm definitely thankful for having my brother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»